Crim's Learn to Code Resources (WIP)

xvcrimsajadevx
Writer Rank: Unknown
LUNA Rank:

Post by xvcrimsajadevx »

New to coding and not quite sure where to begin? I was there once too, and I spent 10 years self-teaching through trial-and-error before enrolling into my first web design courses, only to learn I already knew a good 98% of what was being taught. It was a disjointed, jumbled mess, yes, but I knew it. Thankfully, there are tons of resources out today that can take what I learned over the course of 10 years, and teach it to you over the course of a few months. In fact, if all you're after is some basic HTML and CSS, you can probably gain a good grasp on it in a few hours, and many of these resources are free.

Basic Learn to Code Tutorials
12 Minutes Series
Great tutorials that give a quick rundown. Direct and to the point, but don't offer the greatest explanation as to why things are done. Traversy Media Series
Contains a lot of the same information as the 12 Minute Series, but in much more detail. 100% Recommend. Scrimba - A site devoted to lessons in web development; some pay-for, but the majority are free. Can be filtered by subject and level.
freeCodeCamp - I wouldn't necessarily use this site to learn coding, but it's a great way to test whether you're catching on. The HTML/CSS stuff is under the Responsive Web Design Certification.

Paid For Courses
Udemy - A great site that offers courses on more than just coding. They are constantly having sales; if what you're looking for is a little expensive now, wait a few weeks. You can pick them up from as little as $13/course, and some are even free. Some of the courses I would recommend are:
  • The Complete Web Developer in 2020: Zero to Mastery - This course was part of my curriculum when I did my software development. It has some interesting information on the history of the internet and how the three layers of a web page (HTML, CSS, and Javascript) all interact with each other. This also goes into using the Javascript framework React, which was created by Facebook. The instructor, Andrea, updates his courses regularly, and has a very active Discord community you can lean on if you have questions.
Men plan. Fate laughs. ~Jim Butcher
ImageImage

SalyaDarken
Dark Admin
Dark Admin
Design Rank: Moon
LUNA Rank: Rose

Post by SalyaDarken »

thanks. add more when you find more. okay?
ImageImage Image
ImageImageImage

xvcrimsajadevx
LUNA Rank:

Post by xvcrimsajadevx »

I will be, just screening for usefulness first and how they compare against each other. I can also recommend some paid courses... I'm just not sure if linking to them would count as advertising.
Men plan. Fate laughs. ~Jim Butcher
ImageImage

SalyaDarken
Dark Admin
Dark Admin
Design Rank: Moon
LUNA Rank: Rose

Post by SalyaDarken »

hmm I might be counting them like that but I see no problem with it. Add any and all links you like would help.

I also made this thread Pined up for others to find easily in the future. ^^
ImageImage Image
ImageImageImage

Andurius
Member Tech Support
Member Tech Support
Writer Rank:
LUNA Rank:

Post by Andurius »

thank you for the helpful tips!

Return to “Tech Support”